Software Development Manager
We are looking to hire a Software Development Manager. The ideal candidate will have 8+ years of overall experience in software development and at least a year or more managing a development team.
The candidate should be capable of taking ownership of the product line, the technology stack, and the product’s engineering team.
The primary job responsibilities are to:
- Lead a cross-functional team of Software Development Engineers and SQA Engineers towards meeting the development projects for a software product.
- Manage expectations of both internal and external stakeholders and ensure that project timelines and commitments are met.
- Participate and lead the team in gathering requirements, implementation, product design, testing, and delivery.
- Acquire product and domain knowledge.
- Elicit requirements and manage product roadmap.
- Advocate and continually improve the software engineering practices.
The ideal candidate should have:
- 8+ years of experience in developing web applications
- 1+ years of managing or leading a development team
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering or related field
- Solid understanding of OOP design principles
- Design and development experience of enterprise Java web applications
- Experience of using MVC and ORM frameworks.
- Working knowledge of SQL (optimization, views, stored procedures, large databases).
- Experience of using SOAP and RESTFul web services
- Familiar with cross browser compatibility and browser debugging
- Strong communication skills
- Good grasp of English
- Leadership ability