Software Development Engineer in Test
We are looking to hire a Software Development Engineer in Test. This is a development role focused on creating test-harnesses and frameworks for automated software product testing. This would be an ideal job for a developer who is passionate about software quality.
The primary job responsibilities are to:
- Write test code, harnesses and frameworks to test production code beyond unit testing.
- Develop testing frameworks that address the testing needs for a particular product
- Integrate testing frameworks with other tools to enable team to respond efficiently to automated test failures
- Work with the product’s development and QA teams to determine the testing needs
- Perform product testing activities that requires high technical skills such as: performance testing, scalability testing, and penetration testing.
- Create an operational automated testing pipeline and test environments
- Measure and improve the coverage and performance of automated test suite as needed
- Acquire product and domain knowledge.
- Elicit requirements for any testing code developed in-house.
- Ensure the quality of the test-code by following established best-practices.
- Advocate and continually improve the established software engineering practices.
- 0-2 years’ experience of programming in Java, C#, or C++.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering or related field
- Good grasp of programming, data-structures, and algorithms
- Good understanding of OOP design principles
- Demonstrable grasp of the theory of software testing
- Working knowledge of SQL (optimization, views, stored procedures, large databases).
- Working knowledge of testing frameworks (e.g. Selenium) would be a bonus
- Familiarity with any unit-testing framework (e.g. JUnit) and related concepts (mocks, stubs, etc.) would be a bonus
- Strong communication skills
- Good grasp of English