Software Development Engineer (C++)
If you take silent pride in crafting the best possible code then read on!
A good grounding in C++ will be mandatory. Prior knowledge of any of the other technologies would be a bonus. If you are a prolific learner then apply with confidence!
A strong understanding of object oriented programming, design principles, and how to write maintainable code is essential.
The ideal candidate would have a penchant for applying technology to solve business problems. Be determined to unearth, learn, understand and ultimately satisfy the business needs of our customers. Know that half the work in developing a software is understanding the business problem.
This role may also require you to correspond with customers and author technical documents. Fluency in English and good verbal and written communication skills are required.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work with product experts and senior engineers to understand the product domain and requirements
- Design, develop, implement and test product features to meet assigned requirements
- Write technical specifications for product features
- Work collaboratively as part of a team of development engineers and test engineers. Participate in code-reviews, specification reviews, planning, estimating, and discussions on functionality and implementation choices
- Write high performance application code, SQL queries, and stored procedures
- Continuously look for ways to improve our product and processes, provide feedback
What You Need for this Position
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or in an equivalent field
- Demonstrable academic or professional experience in C++ development. Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design
- At least an elementary knowledge of Java
- Able to dive into C++ and Java code-base and framework. Be able to leverage language features appropriately.
- At ease writing highly performant code; including knowledge of data-flow optimizations, algorithmic optimizations and SQL query optimization
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work with technical as well as non-technical stakeholders.
Nice to have skills, but NOT REQUIRED:
- Experience with debugging native applications on Linux and Bash scripting
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience or knowledge of Secure Coding practices
- Comfortable performing branches and merges in SCM tools such as Subversion